Saturday, September 8, 2007

New York Trip-III

Our aim was to go to SARAVANA BHAVAN, but since that happened to be a labor day weekend and in this food craze city, we were not able to find a seat and were forced to check other restaurant.

We chose Banana Leaf, and man what an ambrosia that was. I , a hardcore lacto-vegetarian, devoured on the South Indian Veggie thali meals. Guna and Hari gulped the chicken pakora, feasted on the chicken briyani and lamb.I know for sure, that those dead animals rested in peace in their stomachs  ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜›ðŸ˜œ.

After a heavy meal,  I wanted my comical portrait.  The artist tried hard to make comical sense of my face and i think he failed miserably. It was neither exact nor comical. It was a disastrous. Then, we went to the TIMES SQUARE. with those glittering lights and advertisements , we seemed to be staring at flat screen TVs everywhere.


Aswin and Guna at the TIMES SQUARE

Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our trip.

Such a pleasant drive it has been on I-80 route from NJ to Chicago. we pit stopped to munch some sandwiches and pizzas near ohio turnpike, and then headed on straight to downtown Chicago.

with a slight glitch to find Union station and finally succeed at it , Guna signed me off from chicago union station. I took my favorite mega bus to reach St.Louis and then to jeff city and then to columbia on Tuesday afternoon.

The amtrak journey from St.Louis to Jeffcity, revealed the beauty of missouri country side, with lush green fields and creeks and mountains. On a bright sunny day, it seemed to be a paradise.
Typical Trailside

All is well that ends well!!.
Ah, I forgot to mention our beloved buddy GPS all the way. without that GPS , I am sure our travel would have had some trouble. GPS and the lady voice has made our trip sweet and sound and a memorable one.
GPS

Finally watch this video for a short tour of NYC. [:D]

2 comments:

techieV2 said...

i'd say the best part of the post is the VV vid :D

Unknown said...

hahaah!!!!!!!!!
thanks machi. [:)]